Join our team of Wardrobe Editors! Learn More...
careers @ Storyline
The Communications Director will collaborate with the Executive Team to develop communications strategies that enhance our reach, create momentum, and increase awareness of our brand. Key tasks include:
• Set goals and measurable results for communications strategies
• Identify priority audiences for fashion sales and sales Editor recruitment, and develop target media
• Identify appropriate communication vehicles for target markets in both fashion sales and sales Editor recruitment
• Continually evaluate communications vehicles with an eye toward attracting and including diverse audiences for both fashion sales and sales Editor recruitment
• Draw upon strong understanding of visual layout methods to provide creative and technical feedback on designs and concepts, including Editor-initiated promotional efforts.
• Coordinate with Executive Team to assure consistent, high quality, and inclusive tone and presentation of Storyline Collection brand.
Areas of Collaboration
In addition to key tasks, our Comm Director will work collaboratively across the company to achieve the following:
Digital Media: Produce high-quality, compelling and accessible electronic materials for external audiences. Plan and deliver regular posts on targeted social media channels, and moderate and respond to comments and questions.
Provide support and guide content to staff managing project-focused social media, including blogs, video content and email marketing efforts. Plan and implement strategy for effective serial and episodic communication, including tracking and measurement of connection via blog, social media and email marketing efforts.
Website: Communication Director will collaborate and advise Website Developer to assure consistent, high quality, and inclusive imagery, and monthly sales strategies/special offers.
News Media: Cultivate contacts with print, digital and broadcast media to support Storyline Collection fashion, entrepreneurial business, and women’s initiatives. Generate news and feature stories with assistance of Executive Team, write press releases and feature content to support Storyline Collection, it’s Designer, and Editors.
Requirements & Additional Details
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degrees or equivalent work experience and demonstrated success in communications field. Demonstrated experience with and enthusiasm for effective use of social media for organizations, corporate clients and/or campaigns to communicate sales information. Experience with website management. Outstanding writing and editing skills in English, and demonstrated experience in publication editing, design, production, and brand building. Strategic thinking skills, ability to work with a diverse and remote team and constituents in respectful, equitable and inclusive fashion.
Spoken and written proficiency in Spanish a plus. Must have current authorization to work in US with any employer. No Visa sponsorship is provided for this position.
Salary/contract commensurate with experience. .5-1.0 FTE possible. This is a remote work position, with occasional travel opportunities.
How to Apply
Send a letter of interest detailing your fit for this position in or attached to an email to email@example.com. Suitable candidates will be contacted for additional information and interview scheduling as necessary.